Widespread coronavirus outbreaks have struck three different food production facilities in Los Angeles County, CBS LA reports. The affected companies are: Golden State Foods Corp. in the Industrial City; S&S Foods in Azusa; and Mission Foods (a manufacturer of tortillas for those missions, among others). There are more than thirty cases of coronavirus at each site, with S&S Foods accounting for a total of nearly 60 cases of COVID-19. None of the three businesses, as required, reported to the county’s public health officials.
And in other news:
- The city’s Michelin-starred Hayato Japanese Restaurant returns its beloved bento boxes. The timing of the day has been difficult to appreciate since Hayato was first opened, but now the calendar has been cleared and fans can book a reservation for the box, which starts on August 1st. 10 a.m.
- LA Taco provides information about Hangaburs, a new humorous show called Smashburger in El Sereno.
Osteria Mozza is still feeding unemployed hospitality people through a Lee initiative funded by Maker’s Mark. Daily food can be collected from Monday to Saturday from 14:00 until 14:00.
- Beverly Hills Restaurant Nerano turned into a pizzeria during the day. Only cakes of the day can be eaten in the restaurant’s large courtyard from 11:30 until 14:00, along with wine and, of course, on the sides.
- Playa del Rey Bar and Restaurant, permanently closed by Tripel. Chefs Brooke Williamson and Nick Roberts say, “We are left in a moment where normal operations are impossible. We have reached the end of the lease, our landlord is selling the building and, given the health and safety concerns raised by the overall layout of our dining room, we are in a state of uncertainty which outweighs the possibility of renegotiating the lease. . “
- Off the Menu and Uber Eats have teamed up for a new digital event called Wing Showdown, where celebrities from Shaquille O’Neal to Snoop Dogg show off their own wing recipes along with restaurants. Local and national restaurants will participate, and Uber Eats will act as a booking platform for fans who want to try different options than at restaurants in their area. It all starts tomorrow and lasts until August 2nd.