A few days after its release, the summer update for Wave 2 is due Animal Transition: New Horizons was now released. As mentioned, fireworks show and dreams are added. Backed up data can now also be backed up with a new island backup and restore service.
Here are all the comments on the fixes available on the Nintendo Support website:
Ver. 1.4.0 (released July 30, 2020)
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.4.0 ”in the upper right corner of the title screen.
- General updates
- A new seasonal event has been added – fireworks exhibitions.
- New seasonal items for a limited time have been added to Nook Shopping.
- A new feature has been added to the NookPhone Camera app that allows you to turn off guide information by pressing the R Stick.
- The “funny glasses” element now matches the player’s skin color variations.
- Internet connection features
- The new feature allows you to sleep in bed and meet Luna. You can upload your island dream online or visit other uploaded dream islands.
- New features have been added to the custom designs portal. You can now search by design name or type. You can now create a list of your favorite developers.
- Added a new feature to back up data to Nintendo servers over the Internet. If your Nintendo Switch system is lost or damaged, you can use a backup of your saved data with Island Backup.
- You must be a member of Nintendo Switch Online and enable Animal Crossing: New Horizons backups to use this new feature.
- Saved data cannot be restored at the customer’s discretion. If your system does not work, you must contact Nintendo Support to initiate a repair request. If you lose your system, you must contact Nintendo Support.
- This feature does not allow saved data (island data) to be transferred to another system. We currently plan to include a data retention feature until 2020. Information about this feature and time will be posted in the future.
- Learn more about Island Backup Service.
- Fixed issues
- Other changes have been made to improve the gaming experience.
We will update this post with any patch notes as Nintendo releases them. Have you downloaded this update yet? Did you notice anything else? Leave a comment below.