Memory is a tricky thing. Some of us are great at attaching names to faces, while others have a problem with remembering names, especially when you meet someone. For example, imagine the embarrassment when you know how to do it
As a result, I'm always looking for a way to be able to put a name with a face. I haven't found any decent ones for my Android phone.
Google's photo collection app automatically collects your images together. a variety of categories – including one called People. The People page offers a photo of each person who appears in your collection; select one, and you’ll see all the photos featuring that person.
What makes the people look even more than that is the one that is tagged with a name. So if you do not know their name, you can find a corner, and you can find them.
But that won 'em the first person in your collection.
- From the main Google Photos page, click on the search box on top
- with people in them, you should see a horizontal strip with small photos. Click to the arrow to the right
- This brings you to the People page. You'll see the square photos showing different individuals.
- Select the person you want to identify. You'll see the images that decided to contain that person. Look for a link titled "Add a name" on the top of the web app.
- Select the link and start typing. Your contact list will come up, allowing you to have your own list.
- Now, whenever you go,
Of course, sometimes Photos gets it wrong.
- You want to remove. You'll see the check box in the upper left corner of the photo; select it.
- Select "Remove photo."
- Select "Remove photo." all – say, an ex who brings up bad memories
- Select "Show" & hide faces (web) or Hide & Show People (mobile)
- Select any of the people you want to drop from the People page.
- Want Them Back? Go back to that page and select the person. The icon will disappear, and the person will be back on your people's page. For example, you can 't actually add any photos to somebody' s people page. (Something that can be very frustrating.) Keep an eye out for an extra link page labeled "Same or different person?"
Again, identifying and tagging a whole slew of friends. And since this is a safe bet to say that it will be a change to the app. I know several people who do not know how to do it. Picasa only have a Google pull-out out of them in 2016
But if you've got problems remembering names and are desperate for anything that might help, give Photos a try
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy .